Participate in community-wide leisure programs for youth and adults offered by the Altoona Park & Recreation department. Two program activity guides are distributed throughout Altoona each year outlining the recreation opportunities available. The guides are mailed to residents in March and August. You can also pick them up at our office, the library, City Hall, and Pedersen Elementary School Office.
Small Town Tournament Registration »
Altoona Youth Hockey Association »
Altoona Youth Softball and Baseball Schedule »
Summer Soccer Camps Schedule »
Ski Sprites of the Chippewa Valley Schedule »
Pavilion & Marquee Rental
Display your message on the NEW Digital Marquee located in Cinder City Park! For a minimal fee, your event can be displayed to an estimated 5,000 vehicles per day. Please call 715-839-5188 for more information.
Marquee Rental Agreement »
Reserve a pavilion for your event.
Have your graduation party, family reunion, wedding, or other event in a park! For a minimal fee, you can rent any of the following:
Reservations can be made up to one year in advance. Reservations are granted on a first-come, first-serve basis after the reservation form and fee have been received. Please call 715-839-5188 for availability.
Pavilion Reservation Application »
- No alcohol or animals are allowed in the parks.
- Please do not drive on the lawn to load or unload vehicles.
- Park hours are 7 AM to 11 PM.
- You may pick up the key for the restrooms prior to your event at the Parks & Recreation office. If the key is not returned within five days of your event, a $50 invoice will be issued to the person named on the rental application.
- If you need to cancel and do so at least 24 hours in advance (during regular office hours), you will receive a refund minus a $10 administrative fee. Refunds are not issued for bad weather.
Sponsor a Banner | Advertise in the Parks & Rec Activity Guide
Spread awareness of your business while showing your support for the Altoona Parks and Recreation Department by renting advertising space on ball field fences throughout the city and/or by purchasing ad space in the seasonal recreation activity guides!
Sponsor a Banner – Learn more »
Advertise in the Parks & Rec Activity Guide – Learn more »