WERA - Wisconsin Emergency Rental Assistance
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Western Dairyland Economic Opportunity Council
Wisconsin Emergency Rental Assistance (WERA) is a federally funded program for households experiencing income loss or financial hardship because of the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are behind on rent and have lost income due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for financial assistance.
$322 million is available to renters state-wide through WERA, and households will be served on a first-come, first-served basis. The State of Wisconsin Department of Administration is distributing these funds to local non-profits, including Western Dairyland.
Western Dairyland will begin accepting WERA applications on Monday, February 22nd.
- Applicants must have income loss or financial hardship related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Applicants must be unable to pay their rent, behind on rent, or have an eviction notice.
- Applicants must be an adult Wisconsin resident with a household income at or below 80% of the county median income in the month of or prior to the application date. View the income guidelines here.
- Western Dairyland EOC will administer this program in Eau Claire, Buffalo, Trempealeau, Jackson and Clark counties. Other counties will be administered by members of WISCAP, https://wiscap.org/wera/
- WERA can provide financial assistance for past-due rent, up to 12 months, going back to March 13th, 2020 (widely viewed as the beginning of the pandemic).
- The program may also be able to pay for three months of future rent.
- Applicants will also be referred to additional community resources depending on their specific situation.
- For fastest service, apply online at westerndairyland.org/wera
- Call Western Dairyland for more information:
Eau Claire Office: 715-836-7511.
Read more about this article »