Pavement Preservation Work to Begin Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Tuesday, May 25, 2021
City of Altoona staff
COMPLETION OF WORK IS DEPENDENT UPON WEATHER CONDITIONS
What work will be done? A pavement application called micro-surfacing, which consists of a water asphalt emulsion and small rock aggregate approximately ¼" to ½" thick which adheres to the surface of the existing road/trail will be applied. Micro-surfacing extends the life of the pavement.
How long will the road or trail be closed? Please expect road/trail closure up to eight hours for the micro-surfacing application to cure. Driving on the road before it is cured will cause damage and negate the benefits of this work. Please heed the road closure signs >> do NOT drive on the road until the signs have been removed.
Streets scheduled for micro-surfacing:
- Autumn Dr from Bartlett Ave to north and south ends of cul-de-sacs
- Bartlett Ave from Autumn Dr to S Willson Dr
- Brookshire Ct
- Daniels Ave from 7th St W to 10th St W
- High Point Dr
- Knollwood Trl from 3rd St E to Knollwood Ct
- Lynn Ave from 2nd St w to 6th St W
- Rivers Edge Dr from River Prairie Dr to pavement change past E Willson Dr
- 11th St W from Pine Tree Ln to N Hillcrest Pkwy
Trails scheduled for micro-surfacing:
- Spooner Ave from Fairfax St to S Willson Dr
- 10th St W from Spooner Ave to Lake Rd
RESIDENTS ON THESE STREETS will find a door hanger on the front door and "NO PARKING" signs before work begins.
NEED MORE INFORMATION: Please contact Altoona City Hall at email@example.com or 715-839-6092. Thank you!