West Central WI Regional Planning Commission announces the Microenterprise Grant Program
Friday, May 7, 2021
West Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission staff
West Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (WCWRPC) is the regional administrator of the West Central Wisconsin Microenterprise Grant Program. The Microenterprise Grant Program provides $5,000 grants to eligible businesses negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To qualify for a $5,000 grant, a business must be:
- Small; defined as five or fewer employees including the owner(s). All employees, regardless of full-time or part-time status, are included in the employee count.
- Located in West Central Wisconsin - inclusive of businesses located in the counties of Barron, Chippewa, Clark, Dunn, Eau Claire (excluding the City of Eau Claire), Polk, and St. Croix.
- Established prior to February 5, 2020 (the date of the first confirmed COVID-19 case in Wisconsin).
- Owned by a person(s) of qualifying income. If there are multiple owners of the business, the majority (51% or more) of the owners must meet the income eligibility requirements. For example, if there are two owners of the business, both owners must meet the income eligibility requirements. Qualifying incomes are detailed in the application package.
Additional eligibility requirements
- Only one grant allowed per family.
- Only one grant allowed per business.
- Business owner(s) must be current on income and property taxes.
- Ineligible entities include units of government and businesses primarily engaged in crop production, animal production or aquaculture, lessors of real estate, or nonprofit organizations.
Eligible Use of Funds
Grant funds must reimburse working capital needs resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. Examples include:
- Operating expenses such as payroll, rent, mortgage, insurance, utilities, inventory, professional fees, and COVID-19 related expenses such as protective equipment
The complete application, including instructions, is available for download at www.wcwrpc.org.
Applications will only be accepted by email during the Application Acceptance Period beginning at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 1, 2021 and ending at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 15, 2021; applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis depending on the demand.
For More Information Contact
For questions on the program of application please contact Tobi LeMahieu at 715.836.2918 ext. 19 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about this article »