City of Altoona Declares Snow Emergency | 6 am Feb 22 through 6 am Feb 25
Tuesday, February 21, 2023
City of Altoona staff
Per Section 10.22 of the Altoona Municipal Code, a snow emergency in the City of Altoona has been declared effective 6:00am on Wednesday, February 22, through 6:00 am Saturday, February 25. The National Weather Service is predicting a significant snow fall over the course of this time. Parking restrictions during this period will allow crews to plow as much snow as possible from this projected storm, as well as ensure emergency vehicle access.
During the declared snow emergency, calendar parking will be enforced on all streets. This regulation is as follows.
- On odd-numbered days, vehicles shall only be parked, stopped, or left standing on that side of the street having odd-numbered address.
- On even-number days, vehicles shall only be parked, stopped, or left standing on that side of the street having even-numbered addresses.
- Provision of this subdivision shall not be enforced from 5:00 p.m. to midnight to allow vehicles to move from one side of the road to the other.
Vehicles shall not be left stopped, parked, abandoned, or otherwise unattended on the following streets:
- County Trunk Highway A, from Fairfax Avenue to Highway 12
- Bartlett Avenue, from South Willson Drive to County Trunk Highway A
- Tenth Street West, from Spooner Avenue to Highway 12
- South Willson Drive, from Spooner Avenue to Bartlett Avenue
- North 10th Street West and Oakleaf Way, from County Trunk Highway A to River Prairie Drive
Questions can be directed at Altoona City Hall at 715-839-6092.